Reasons to Schedule an Eye Exam
- Medical Conditions
- They weren’t lying when they said that your eyes are the windows to the soul. They are also the window to your overall health. An eye exam can help detect systemic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
- Developmental Problems
- Your eyes expose you to the world you live in and contribute to your learning. Making sure that they are in optimal condition is crucial to having a lifetime of vision and sight. When it comes to children, uncorrected vision can cause “lazy eye” or “eye turn,” which can lead to permanent vision loss if left untreated.
- Eye Diseases
- Many of the serious eye conditions that can cause blindness are known to not show any symptoms. These conditions are known to develop gradually and you may not realize that your vision has changed. The diseases that can be diagnosed with an eye exam are, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal detachment. Most of these eye diseases can only be diagnosed by an eye doctor during An eye exam.
- Visual Acuity
- Just like your body parts start to change as you get older, your eyes also change. Getting a yearly eye exam, ensures that your visual acuity is the best it can be. Eye Exams can help control headaches and fatigue caused by having the wrong prescription, and can also help detect computer vision syndrome.
- Healthy Vision and Fashionable Eyewear
- The main reason for visiting your eye doctor should be for your eye health (and eye exam), but it could also be for the fashionable eyewear available at My Eyelab. At My Eyelab we have over 2,000 designer frames to choose from. Our frame specialists will help you find your perfect pair!
If it’s been some time since your last eye exam, schedule your next eye exam at a My Eyelab location near you!