Are You Looking for Athletic Eyewear?
Are you looking for fashionable eyeglasses for runners and cyclists? Just because you wear glasses, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy sports. For many runners, having the right gear is important to the sport. When you wear glasses, prescription sports glasses become a part of that necessary athletic gear.
How to Choose Prescription Sports Glasses
When you are running, it’s important to be able to see your surroundings clearly. When you wear glasses, you do have options for athletic glasses. Choose glasses by looking for:
- Your prescription. Make sure the correct prescription is put in your new glasses.
- The weight. You’ll want to consider the weight of the glasses. Too heavy and the glasses won’t be comfortable to wear. Too light and they may slip off your face.
- A strap. With sports eyewear, you’ll want a pair with a good, sturdy strap. This is especially important for runners, because you need to make sure the glasses stay in place as you run.
What to Look For in Eyewear for Sports
There are a number of things to look for when choosing your new glasses. Some are more critical than others, but consider the following.
- How much are you willing to spend? If you’re a serious athlete, you may want to invest more in your glasses.
- How important are the features? Do you need transitional lenses? Anti-fog coating? Elongated frame? All of these features will raise the price of your glasses, but need to be considered.
- What are the essentials? There are some essentials in running glasses that you don’t want to skimp on. Things like nose pads, adjustable frames, and a lightweight design are important features in a good pair of glasses that will fit you as you run.
Shop for Athletic Eyewear at My EyeLab
Your normal eyeglasses work just fine when you are at home, at the office, or out with friends. When you are running, you need sports glasses that will keep you safe, while helping you to be a better athlete. Remember, there’s no one pair of glasses that will work for everyone. Consider your needs and consult with your eye doctor before making your final decision. My EyeLab offers many impact resistant frames by Nike Eyewear, perfect for the sports enthusiast to wear during their next marathon or century bike ride.